- Hubby is walking again around the house. He willing uses a walker when we go out. When we seniors fall, it can mean broken bones and I am grateful he accepts that walker.
- Chiropractors that helped hubby walk.
- Kenny who has come into our lives last spring. Kenny is a remarkable volunteer caregiver who enables me to continue to work. At the beginning of November, despite his own surgery, Kenny has continued to be there for us, and has even brought his mom into the picture. We are so grateful for these neighbors.
- Wayne and now Pharis who have taken up the challenge of our 7/10 of an acre. Hubby doesn't think a wife should mow the lawn, and the front and back yards were the place where in my blogging through the book The House That Cleans Itself I have been hung up.
- Professionals such as Carole Larkin and Dr. Mary Newport.
- Support from The Alzheimer's Association.
- Our friends Sally and Jake (not their real names).
- The Plant City Senior Center where Jake and hubby go one day a week.
- Bloggers who regularly comment on this blog and who provide fun and inspiration for me when I read their blogs. I would name you all, but I might forget someone.
- Students I substitute for who provide such hope for the future and who have encouraging my becoming MC AC The Rap Lady.
- My niece and nephew who started my YouTube rapping channel.
- Progress on my seminary counseling dissertation on caregiving even as I battle caregiving issues myself and people who provide feedback for that dissertation.
- Having out-of-town guests for Thanksgiving.
- Having a great dog, Ziggy, that is a wonderful companion for my husband and me.
- My faith that sustains. For example, I am so grateful for the LORD's sustaining us through hospital trips for me in 2012 and for hubby in 2013.
Last year I posted 15 I am thankful for HERE and I continue to be grateful for items on that list.
Also last year I posted 15 things a caregiver can do
to be joyful HERE
and it has received over 750 views.
That's a lot on JOY this lowly blog
has spread around!