Highlights of the 2016 year include putting two new raps on YouTube ("While You're Still One" and "Rocket City Ditty"); finishing the dissertation "Finishing Strong With Dementia Caregiving", except I have to defend it; and walking again after breaking both feet in August.
|Cast and boot in August|
So what are my new goals that
you all can hold me accountable for?
- Get a Fire Tablet or borrow an iPad for the Skype defense of my dissertation
- Learn self-checkout at Wal-Mart
- My weight is on a plateau, but I do go to Weight Watchers so I didn't gain back the 40 pounds I have lost. Lose 10 to 15 pounds to add to weight I have kept off.
- Use walker when ice outside so I do not fall again.
- Use the gym at my apartment three times a week.
- Consistent prayer life. Ask others how can I pray for you. Continue going to my church prayer meetings once a week.
- Encourage others--give them warm fuzzies and only constructive criticism when asked or if wise.
- Visit the residents at the nursing home where I stayed for three weeks.
- Join the church in Huntsville I am active in.
- Defend dissertation successfully.
- Read more books.
- Visit sights in Alabama and maybe elsewhere.
- Read novels.
- Find TV shows to enjoy. I really didn't watch TV much as a caregiver for my late husband.
- Wear hats to church often.
- Enjoy Southern culture.
- Paper decluttering
- Clothes--get rid go them and only wear what looks good on me
- Kitchen--only keep what I use
- Consolidate four credit cards for a lower rate and pay off as much as I can this year. Used credit too much during my caregiving years.
- Use IRA withdrawal for dog Ziggy’s operation, etc.
- No new credit cards
How about you?
Do you have similar goals?