Can you imagine having a really long needle
stuck in your neck while you watch it happen!!
I had a thyroid biopsy years ago. I was a widow then and so upset that I had no family by my side. But today hubby would be with me.
Of the three things I had to boss him around about (and really the only three things in his simple life), he accomplished one this morning--he took a shower, but standing up I am afraid. He complained about the shower seat in our large shower, but showered with it there standing up. His training for a sit-down shower isn't complete. He did not manage to shave before we left and I took his pills with us and he had them when he was good and ready for them--actually at lunch at Ruby Tuesdays with a lovely coupon from my MN friend Kathy.
It turns out that morning appointment was actually a biopsy consultation with the doctor who would do my biopsy. I told this specialist I have been tired lately. The body is so complex and so at my age he decided to also do a carotid ultrasound on August 14 and the thyroid biopsy will be on August 15th. I will find out the results on September 3. So the wait is not over, folks. I have to wait more!
I need to keep busy. I came up with this list.
|Showing the driver's license |
I am stuck with for five years--
me with no eyebrows.
- Practice speeches for Toastmasters. Monday on the spur of the moment because the club needed more speeches, I decided to speak on "The Girl With No Eyebrows" at a Toastmasters speak-a-thon. It turns out this old biddy shown here was funny and was encouraged to enter the club's Humorous Speech Contest on August 19th. See post HERE. Do you think I should enter it? Also I am speaking on "The Accidental Rapper" on August 5th--how I became MC AC The Rap Lady. Maybe people will get tired of this old biddy speaking three times in a row.
- Tweak The House That Cleans Itself so I can entertain in a month. Lots of things left to do here.
- Work on counseling dissertation.
- Continue to enjoy prayer and Bible study--aways refreshing.
- Write letters to people who actually send mail. Kathy in MN and Joyce in TN. I do not think they read this blog.
- And, of course, spend time with hubby. He is just happy if I sit by his side. Me sit? I will have to practice that one.
What do you do when you are waiting?
What do you think I should do?