Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Recipe: Coconut Oil Carrot Soup

6 T coconut oil or MCT or more if you drain meat
1 lb. lean hamburger
1 small red onion, chopped
2 lb. shredded carrots
12 oz can pineapple/orange juice concentrate, thawed (don’t add water to it)
6 lb. (two large cans) chicken broth
1 T ginger or to taste
2 T. cinnamon or to taste
1 cup raisins
Saute onion and lean hamburger in coconut oil or MCT. If you drain meat, be sure to add coconut oil or MCT back to soup to get the benefit. Add all ingredients to large pot or crockpot and cook slowly. Makes hearty servings that can we warmed up.

Delicious with the coconut taste and carrots and raisins.

4 comments:

  1. So do you like the taste?
    Here's a giggle for you. Because you have the nice pictures of plants on the side bar I thought your blog title came from you being a gardener, which you obviously are. Just realized there is a place called Plant City. Very unusual name! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleasant taste. Nutritious--a way to get in coconut oil. Got the idea from a Swedish cookbook, but adapted to fit our needs. My husband needs beef!

    LOL. Me a gardener! I like to be the landscaper. I have been uprooting weeds with rain we've gotten. Got to take care of those weeds before anyone can landscape. That's why I love my herbs in pots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, My husband and I just started using coconut oil ourselves!! We use it in stirfry.
    What is the MCT, your talking about? Anyway, I read your hole page, it's wonderful how things are going for you two, I love the white board on the visor, and the story about the glasses. The blog is wonderful, a little "looksee" into your life.
    Glad to know you all are doing well.CS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy, CS!
    You can order MCT from Vitacost.com. Be careful that you only have them send you one order, not a recurring order as I found out the hard way. The advantage of MCT is that it is liquid, unlike the Walmart Coconut Oil. I am also ordering a gallon of virgin very pure coconut oil from a friend and will post more information here about that. I also got liquid Coconut Oil from a health food store. Read more about this at Dr. Mary Newport's link below.

    ReplyDelete