- One idea at a time. One subject and one verb in a simple sentence. No compound sentences.
- Use the word, not a pronoun.
- Keep very calm.
- Don't mention the recent past because hubby can't relate.
- DH will write things down, a way of dealing with his memory issues, but needs my help to spell.
- LMT (lost my thought--see cartoon above). Do not interupt him because he will lose his thoughts.
I can do this caregiving bit with the Lord's help. The Lord is my shepherd, my caregiver!
Why am I discourged?
Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again--
my Savior and my God!
. . .
But each day the LORD pours
his unfailing love upon me,
and through each nght I sing his songs,
praying to God who gives me life.
from Psalm 42