First of all I think of the Scripture from James 1:2-5 Count it all joy when you fall into various trials knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
I am thankful for:
The frog that I was able to capture and put outside this morning. It was on the kitchen floor early this morning, probably was weakened from its time inside. A towel thrown over it and it's captured and it was taken to the back yard.
2. Home Team Pest Control who sprayed a Yellow Jackets nest this morning--the best time of the day to get them. They also took care of a wasp nest. We thought they were Guinea Wasps in an earlier post on this blog, but the pest control technician took a sample to check what insect it is--most likely Yellow Jackets, but they will confirm. These critters had stung Pharis earlier and Pharis had told me Monday night that these insects were still around.
|Insect Nest Disabled This Morning|
3. That I have the day off today, Thursday, to be home with my husband. I booked myself unavailable to substitute for two days this week--Tuesday and Thursday. Getting over a cold here and teaching a class for DUI offenders on Saturday. I need time for him and for me.
Kenny could go in the car with DH and me Tuesday because the wheel chair is too heavy for me to put into our SUV. I was so thankful I didn't have to substitute on Tuesday because the regular teacher was scheduled to return! Two appointments, lunch and getting that handicapped parking sticker. Kenny helped DH get into our high SUV and put the wheel chair he had been confined to in the back.
4. Thanks for Walgreens and appointments. My husband has been getting cranberry juice to help prevent the dreaded UTI, but once a senior citizen gets a UTI, they can get another one. Treat it early, they say. Monday night I bought the pictured kit from Walgreens to test it out on hubby since both Kenny and I saw a sudden difference in my husband a week ago today that I also blogged about Saturday. For more information on UTIs see HERE. Monday night I used a strip with my husband's urine as well as Tuesday morning. Sure enough it looked like there was an infection starting from the strip results. I could take hubby (also called DH for dear hubby) to two appointments I booked suddenly for Tuesday.
5. First appointment at Markley Chiropractic in Plant City. These magnificent chiropractors helped us after our crash in December of 2010. Will the chiropractor help with hubby's walking? It was so difficult to get DH into the Expedition Tuesday morning, but Kenny carefully coached DH in how to do it and then helped him get into the chiropractor's office. Dr. Robyn had seen hubby about his knee before recent hospitalizations. I explained to Dr. Robyn all about the hospital trips and that the X-rays just showed torn cartilage and arthritis. Over the counter and then prescribed medicine for pain wasn't helping him walk, and in fact DH was becoming more wheel chair dependent. The hospital report hadn't been faxed over, but she took our word for it and performed wonders on his twisted knee and back. Right after that appointment his getting in the SUV was easier. DH will continue appointments with her.
|Kenny and DH while |
Dr. Robyn fixes the back
"Why didn't the hospital find all this out?" I asked her.
"It's like apples and oranges," Dr. Robyn replied. (There is the medical community and then there are chiropractors is how I interpreted her apples and oranges statement.)
No more rides for dog Ziggy in the wheel chair! Hubby is using the walker and may not need it soon.
6. Second appointment. We went the primary care office where my husband's doctor was off, but my own doctor saw us to get an antibiotic (Ciprofloxacin HCL 500 MG twice a day) for the UTI. Fortunately she listened to all the symptoms that Kenny and I gave her and saw the Walgreen strips. They would send their own sample of his urine to a lab for tests. By the way I had brought the urine sample to the doctor because I wasn't sure that DH could provide a sample on the spot and he didn't. Note for future: refrigerate any samples you bring in.
A handicapped decal for parking. Last week my husband's doctor had signed the paper for privileged parking. When we went to get it Tuesday it was free, despite the government shutdown!
Yesterday, Wednesday, I went back to the school where I have been teaching in a special education classroom. I was scheduled to teach for another teacher, but that special education teacher had not returned from her leave and was going on a year's leave and I was put back in the class that I had said good bye to on Monday and others covered the class I had been scheduled to teach. A gentleman had been offered the job in special education and I was happy for them and happy I was put in there for the day.
After the students were on the bus yesterday, I was told to wait for an administrator. That gentleman had accepted another teaching position. Could I take a long term job in this class for the rest of the school year, of course taking off on days I needed to be gone? I do love these thirteen students and the paraprofessional I would work with. I need to call today with my answer. Pray for the decision which I need to make today. Apparently there are not enough special education teachers around and my years of teaching all grades except fourth grade will come in handy. I do not have training in special education, however. This will postpone my working on the dissertation, but can answer some financial considerations such as paying off credit cards so I can stay home full-time with hubby in a year should the need arise. And less gas because the school is closer than other schools where I substitute! Both DH and Kenny thought it would be great to have me do this. Kenny prayed about this with us last night. DH and I prayed this morning. Stay tuned. Pray for wisdom that is promised in that James verse above.