Sunday, April 8, 2012

Prayer

Prayer has been described  as  "going home to God" and as "climbing up near to thee".


When my husband and I go to bed each night we pray, taking turns praying. He prays on odd days such as April 3, 5, 7 and I pray on even days  such as April 2, 4, 6.


I was so tired last night after a busy day. I had gotten up early to go to Weight Watchers by 6:45 (lost 1.4 pounds) and then to teach a Saturday class  to teenagers from 9 to 1. I stopped for groceries before returning home. When I got home, all I wanted to do was rest, but that $45 hair appointment half of an hour away awaited me and I would be charged if I didn't get there. Hubby went with me as he does whenever he can; he wants to protect me, and it also may be the Alzheimer's shadowing. The elegant salon served him a glass of wine while my hair was being cut and styled.


Wanting to make a date of it after the hair appointment we headed to the movie theatre. "Titanic" would be $30 for both of us and we decided to see this on our 12th Anniversary later in the month rather than last night when I told him I might just fall asleep. (This movie hubby owned when we were first married and it is part of his long-term memory and he will enjoy it in 3-D unlike the other new movies that don't impress him.) We headed instead to Macaroni Grill where I totally blew my careful diet. It is so easy to make dieting mistakes when you are tired.


I was tired and disgusted with myself for blowing the diet when we went to bed, but  I loved going home to God and climbing up to God with my husband's delightful prayer last night. Without the specifics because of his short term memory, my husband thanked God for the wonderful life, wonderful day, wonderful family and friends we have and asked Him to give us a good night sleep. I wish I could have recorded this prayer.


Refreshed this Easter morning, I reflect that Christ has gone home and is by the Father's right hand making intercession for us weak caregivers and Alzheimer's patients who want to climb up and be by Him in prayer.

5 comments:

  1. I can so relate to your day, and the weakness/failures as I made some poor choices, foodwise this week too (No excuse, but being busy sure makes it easy to be lazy about the diet.) THEN also to the blessing of coming before our Father for confession and renewal. This morning, especially, I'm thankful for the victory over sin He provided through the death and resurrection of Jesus. Onward, my friend! Jesus died so that we can have the ABUNDANT LIFE! Enjoy your wonderful Resurrection Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laurie. Easter night I also added an unplanned meal, but it was great to get together with Sally and Jake who had two extra places at their Sunday night dinner table and suddenly invited us. Sally and I are making plans to walk together on a track while our Alzheimer's husbands who enjoy each other very much chat and watch their wives walk. Tuesday Jake hangs out at our house while Sally and I go to the monthly Alzheimer's support group. Hubby and I are talking about his trip to see his son and family and my cruise with my sister-in-law now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a blessing that your hubby prays to his God with such thankfulness. May God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...prayer is how we communicate with our Father--and He is home. Someday, we shall all be there with Him.

    For the Kingdom!
    Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet post! It's a wonderful habit to pray with husband.

    I like your haircut! :-)

    ReplyDelete