Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm Still Here

I am convinced that caregivers need care. When my husband gets frustrated or angry in ways that he previously didn't, it is a huge adjustment on my part. Plus I miss sharing my feelings with him. I am prone to depression and I did attempt to share my feelings with him--he may not remember, but he is very loving to me and it did help to dare to talk with him.

I read from Psalm 69 today: Save me, O God! For the waters have come up to my neck. . . .I have become a stranger to my brethren [husband]. . . .But as for me, my prayer is to thee, O LORD. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of thy steadfast love answer me. With thy faithful help rescue me from sinking in the mire.

Two answers to prayer today were family pledging to pray for my husband and myself. This knowledge lifted my spirits. Also, in other blogs I found the pictured book and ordered it. Will write about it when it comes and it promises to give clues for my dealing with my husband.

5 comments:

  1. Bless you, NewKid. Caregiving has to be one of the hardest jobs in the world. My 87 year old mom was recently talking about my dad's funeral last year and actually asked me if I had been there! Well, duh, of course I was there. Even read a scripture. Wanted to snap at her but held my tongue and gently reminded her I was. Bless her heart and your husband's as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a disconnect they have, Terri. My husband didn't remember what I said yesterday, but is very loving today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am over being depressed and into rejoicing for each day. Sometimes you just have to relax and pray and laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After a month of waiting for I'm Still Here I e-mailed the publisher that I'm still waiting for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is out of print! Maybe the library has it.

    ReplyDelete