Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Enjoying My Christmas Quilts

Therefore the LORD Himself will give you a sign. (Isaiah 7:14) He told us that Jesus Christ was coming in the Old Testament, He did come and transform history (and my life). It is the season to celebrate the difference Jesus Christ has made in history and in my life.

Several years ago I made this wall hanging that I use every Christmas. I have learned more about quilts since then, but am sentimental about this quilt.  It was from a cloth book that was to be made into a child's book. I made several cloth books for relatives years ago. 

I also have a quilt Christmas tree skirt and have made Christmas tree skirts for several others in the family.




Hubby forgets what he is getting for Christmas even though he was there when I purchased it. Our dementia loved ones are hardly aware of the times and the seasons--yesterday, today, tomorrow, Christmas. 

Last Christmas we flew out of town to be with your son, I mentioned to hubby.  

I don't know what you are talking about, he replied, but I leave it in your capable hands. 


Now my capable hands got me in trouble last Thursday where I went through the garage ceiling  to get the artificial tree.  Kenny informed me that tree is not going back into the attic after the holidays. It will go into the workshop that will be the next room to clean out. 


This year we are spending Christmas with hubby's daughter and family here in Plant City and I wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas. 


2 comments:

  1. I like your quilting! My mom used to enjoy quilting. I mark in my Bible and every time there is something in the Old Testament that references Jesus I underline it and write "Jesus!" next to it :)

    I am so glad he changed my life because believe you me, I'm still a work in progress, but before him, I was a total mess.

    I do hope you have a nice holiday celebrating with your husband's family.

    Merry Christmas!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you as well, Betty. I am so a work in progress too. Parts of me are still a mess!

      Kenny's neices and nephews came over and put ornaments on our tree on Christmas Eve day and then I served them cookies with milk and the observed the almost sacred tradition of dipping their cookies in the milk at the table. Each got to choose an ornament. Each small child thoughtfully brought his/here plate to the sink. I played the piano and we had a name that carol event.

      Delete