Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Cards

♥     ♥    ♥     ♥



Tuesday was Plant City Senior Center day as usual for our husbands. Hubby and I picked up Sally and Jake in our gas guzzler and drove them to the center. Then Sally and I had errands. We ate lunch (a quiche and salad) at Fresco in downtown Lakeland. We headed for our monthly Alzheimer's Association support group in Plant City.

Jake called Sally on her cell phone and we left the meeting to pick up our husband's at the Senior Center. We are always so surprised what they do there that we might not have thought of. Jake enjoyed a jigsaw puzzle and I think Sally may get him some from a dollar store.

The next stop was the Hallmark store and two husbands went inside to buy their cards while Sally and I went in other stores. I bet their conversation in that store was hilarious.

My card to hubby says:
Making good memories in every simple moment,
Laughing at life and at ourselves,
Taking care of each other's heart
I love the years we've shared and I love you.

My photo album is not done, but hubby was very pleased I am making it. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.

Hubby's card is so sweet!

For my wife with love
Though sometimes we may fuss a bit,
I know darned well it's true--
I got the world's best "BETTER HALF"
The day I married you!

3 comments:

  1. I was very aware how blessed I was to have my husband with me today on Valentines Day and thanked God for it. You are blessed to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love picturing these men getting the cards. Thanks for the post. I agree with Georgene.

    ReplyDelete