Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tuna Noodle Coconut Oil Casserole

My husband doesn't like salmon. At times I can sneak in a tuna casserole. So I developed this recipe with MCT.

1 Betty Crocker Creamy Parmesan Tuna Helper (includes sauce mix, noodles, but I don’t use butter and milk as they suggest); or, 2 cups dry noodles and your own seasoning
1 3/4 cups boiling water
½ cup MCT
1 cup non-flavored fat free yogurt or sour cream
2 ( or 3) 6 oz. cans tuna
Note: add mushrooms, asparagus, green beans, peas drained or whatever is free.

Heat oven to 425 degrees . Use ungreased 2 quart casserole and stir together everything above. Cover and bake 25 minute.
Five minutes before finished, stir to mix the MCT. Add grated parmesan cheese, crumbled crackers or bread crumbs on top and bake uncovered the last five minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.

6 comments:

  1. I loved it, but he agrees that I can serve it to him only twice a year. Back to the drawing board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi New Kid!
    My family would love that as we all go for both Tuna and Salmon Casseroles.
    One of the beauties of your hubby's condition may be that he won't keep a track of how many times you actually serve it in one year!

    It was a blessing to read your post this morning as I am having a little "selfish" patch at the moment and you give me great inspiration to go on in the Lord's strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby,
    Thanks for e-mailing me your recipes from Australia! I will try them and work in a little bit of coconut oil. Maybe I will try the salmon one at a church covered dish event first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, my friend Carol whose recipe that Salmon one is originally, is always a hit with that at fellowship meals!!`
    (I just happened to be at he computer when this comment came through)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I have to ask...what is "MCT?" The recipe sounds great (using your own ingredients, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  6. See my comment under the Carrot Soup post below to answer this question, Melissa. There is great hope for Coconut Oil or MCT and dementia as well as other health issues.

    ReplyDelete