|Walking to His Spot in the Den|
September 7, 2013. Hubby walks. I think that having an article in two local newspapers which give mention to this blog bumped up the views to 433.
February 4, 2013. The post on GERD got the second amount of views this year (335). I would have thought that the post on my hearing aids would have gotten more hits. I am not suffering from GERD any longer.
October 16, 2013. Dealing with stress (315 views). Actually I like the part two stress post better on 12/1/13--very practical for me, but it had much less views.
June 14, 2013. Granddaughter's quilt (278 views). More quilts are coming.
January 7, 2013. The fourth area of The House That Cleans Itself series was a popular post with 218 views. Shortly after that I had a genuine Southern hissy fit with Google because pictures on blogs were not going to be free. In short, they won. So now I am paying $2.49 a month for the privilege of posting my messes for you all.
As I review 2013, many things happened or haven't happened.
- We have a volunteer caregiver, Kenny, to enable me to continue to work.
- Hubby survived UTIs and was not placed in a nursing home as his doctor expected.
- We have a volunteer for yard and home maintenance, Pharis. Essentially he is covering the front and back yards (areas 8 and 9) in the home organizational project I started in 2012.
- Hubby is walking thanks to our chiropractor.
- I did not turn out to have thyroid cancer and I got hearing aids.
- We solved my husband's shaving and showering routines.
- I was put on YouTube as MC AC The Rap Lady. More raps need to be put up, but I am not skilled in doing this. My niece and nephew videotaped me and are producing this YouTube channel.
- I kept my weight down, although I need to lose more.
- I have not finished two areas (10 and 11) in The House That Cleans Itself as other priorities crept into our lives. The workshop is next.
- I started my seminary counseling dissertation on being a dementia caregiver.
Incidentally, one of the most viewed blog posts ever
on December 31, 2009 features Southern New Years Recipes.